Infotainment spontaneous reset while driving

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by AndysComputer, Jan 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

GvilleGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

How often is it resetting? In 2015 there was a BMW ConnectedDrive security flaw and a lot of iDrive reboots were going on while remotely patching the cars to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.

AndysComputer likes this.
  4. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

First time I’ve seen it in the 6 weeks and 900 miles of driving.

5. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I've intentionally tried to reset it (out of curiosity) but couldn't do it. Never seen it reset itself over the past 5000mi. Hopefully it'll be a one-off issue!

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

You could reset the headunit with bimmercode if you really wanted to. The instrument cluster is a separate hardware unit from the headunit thankfully.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I just had my infotainment system reboot while driving my 2021 SE that just crossed 78000 miles. It was quite surprising to have the center display go dark, and I don't ever remember it happening before. I didn't notice if the HUD went down as well, but the instrument cluster was fine. Not sure how this would have gone in a J01, since there is no instrument cluster.

I was half hoping it was an OTA software update, but I know better. Hopefully it was a one-time event because software can be that way, but we'll see.

9. xd366

xd366 New Member

This same thing was happening to me every other day.

i had two phones connected to the system (android and an iphone). i removed them both and reconnected one (the iphone). and it hasnt happened ever since.

not really sure if that's what fixed it.

want to note that it always happened when i drove around a certain area. it also happened once when a police car drove right next to me.

10. It was happening to me frequently enough to become an irritation during summer, but it's since stopped. I've also had it happen once to the instrument cluster, which was scary because obviously I couldn't see my speedometer until it reset. That only happened once though.

11. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

My 2023 did it the other day, don't recall it happening before. My Pandora app was acting weird, so assumed it was related to that.

12. To remove this ad click here.