Incorrect Bright Headlight Pointing

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Viking79, Jul 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

How do we adjust the bright headlights on the Clarity? Issues users are having are definitely caused by misadjustment. They are terribly adjusted.

The brights appear to be the 3 innermost reflectors and they appear they can move separately, but not sure.

Check this out, the left light is top-bottom, and right light is oriented left-right. Dims first, then brights second (brights leave dims in place).
    20180715_200644.jpg
    20180715_200646.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

There are a lot of YouTube videos on it. The one I used was to measure ground to middle of headlight (needed yardstick and a level) and then mark this height on a wall. Back off 25 ft on level ground and aim headlights so top of light flare is at the mark. Also advised to aim driver’s side a little inward to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. And not too aim completely level for the same reason.

I found my headlights seemed to be aimed directly into the ground about 30 ft in front of the car and did not illuminate as far out as others cars I’ve owned did. And the high means added very little distance. I had the dealer adjust them and they were still bad.
    Thanks to posts here I found the screw that adjusts them up and down and using the above procedure helped. But I can’t find any adjustment for the high beams or for right to left. Has anybody found these??

If you look directly behind the lights you’ll see a slot at about a 45 degree angle and a toothed shaft that you use a Phillips head screwdriver to turn (also has a bolt head for a socket or wrench). Pix of passenger side one:
    3C5DB7DE-2EE6-46A9-8948-21818B870E24.jpeg

lordsutch likes this.