I'm Back!!!

Discussion in 'Hyundai IONIQ Electric' started by jeff10236, Sep 25, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jeff10236

jeff10236 Member

So, I was a member here with a 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV a couple years ago. I loved when my car drove on electric, but quickly wanted a full EV. Also, the plug-in tech being new to Honda, many (unfortunately, mine included) had issues with L2 charging at times. Of course, it was intermittent, so it always worked when the dealer looked at it, and Honda was slow to come up with a software fix. When my car warranty came up and Honda still hadn't come up with a fix, I had nightmares of them finally finding it, finding it was a system and not software issue, and deciding it wasn't a warranty fix (I had an expensive issue on my previous car that should have been a warranty fix, but Kia refused to fix it under warranty). So, I traded it.

I love my Hyundai Sonata sedan, and it will be a great trip car. But, I greatly missed having the ability to drive electric. So, today, I just leased a new 2021 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV. It only had 25 miles on the charge when I test drove it, so it has spent the last 3 or 4 hours since I bought it at the dealer charging and I'm about to pick it up in about 30min. I can't wait to drive electric again. I can foresee barely driving my Sonata anymore even though I love it, and it is a great trip car, but we'll see.

This forum was always a helpful group, so I'm looking forward to participating here again.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hey, welcome back and congratulations on your car. We don't have many Ioniq Electric owners here, so it'd be great to see a pic or two of your car and hear your thoughts about your ownership experience.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. That's a great vehicle you chose. We have a '17 Ioniq EV and a '22 Kona EV. The Ioniq is very practical and efficient. We have a '16 Sonata Hybrid too so we have that in common.

jeff10236 likes this.