identifying the clip needed for body panel

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Al-clarity, Oct 4, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hello,
    One of the underbody panel got bumped and ping broke off . How do I identify what ping i need to put it back? This is piece is from under and along the side of the car. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Al-clarity likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I’ve got a similar box but not quite the variety. Very handy since I almost always break a clip when removing several.
    For the OP, if you go to the parts counter at your dealer, they can pull up a parts diagram and you can point to the one you need to replace. That’s the safest bet since it’s possible that they are not all identical. They'll either have it or can order it for you.

5. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I just went out and looked at mine There is a single clip in the middle.
    These are very commonly found at the parts stores, but there a lot of different ones and it may take a couple tries to get one that fits best.
    An assortment is a good idea because it can save multiple trips to the store.

I pulled mine out for reference and attached a photo. The diameter is pretty close to a penny.
    DSC04048_small.jpg

6. Thanks for the reply. Yeah that thing is completely gone. I will try if dealer carries it. Thanks again.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Also any auto parts store or auto body shop will have a push pin similar to that. Bring the part, and your phone, and show the Mr Fixit photo to them so it can be sized appropriately.