ID.4 arrives in Canada

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by electriceddy, Oct 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. Starting today they are now at dealerships in Quebec, BC - end of month (I will take one out for a test drive, just for fun).
    The ID.4 in Canada starts at $44,995 for the RWD Pro variant. It comes equipped with an 82kWh battery good enough for 400km of range on a full charge. Unlike the ID.4 in the U.S., all Canadian vehicles will come standard with a heat pump.:)
    Source:
    https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/electrify-canada-to-offer-free-charging-to-vw-id-4-buyers/

3. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Has 2022 VW ID4 prices been released?

Hopefully more dealers in Ontario be added.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Is there any Ontario dealer that has/will have stock in the near future?

5. samej

samej New Member

Just closed paperwork on my new ID4 AWD Statement in Ottawa last Saturday. 2021 model. Taking delivery next Monday. Dealer said they VW Canada sold out through end of 2022.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Congrats on your pending delivery!

Would be interested in how you find that DC Fast Charging performs on Canadian models while it's still "chilly."

The ID.4 owners who frequent Chattanooga's only EA Fast Charger (a nice 150 kW, 8-bay setup about 5-miles from VW's assembly plant)... have found DC Fast Charging fairly sensitive to low temps (e.g. only 50-60 kW when the temps fall into the 40s DegF; I only received 40 kW a few nights ago when the temp was in the mid-30s DegF).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  8. samej

samej New Member

I'm curious as well. Lots of Youtube videos seem to show the ID.4 is pretty good at battery pre-conditioning and taking in full DC power in colder temps. Ottawa has temps in the negatives to low teens for pretty much most of Jan and Feb. Will let the forum know. I just priced out winter wheels and tires for the soon to be delivered car - for next winter - this season is ...almost... done (it was -2F this AM, and there was both 1/2" of freezing rain followed by 6" of snow last week). Does anyone have a winter setup on their ID.4? The tire place said an 18" square setup is more than feasible.