Iconic 2.0 trim loses Alarm & Active Cruise as of Nov production

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by fishbert, Oct 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

...as well as heated steering wheel in a chart further down the page.

I appear to have a collector's item with alarm, ACC, and heated steering. And some others have all of those plus a retired paint color.

4. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

That's on the Countryman SE hybrid

5. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Ah - the "Cooper SE" in column threw me off. I didn't realize they had Countryman S E.

6. bsk6294

bsk6294 New Member

So I guess it's time to cancel my order for the Iconic trim? The ACC and park assist are kind of deal breakers here in the DC area.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't think they'd ever drop Pepper White. Personally I think it's the worst color, but I know a lot of people love it.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

chances are they will just add a little salt to it and call it a different name. like the many shades of midnight blue you probably wont notice the difference unless they are next to each other.

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I personally love Pepper White, it was my second choice color after Chili Red. It's also a very unique color, sad that MINI is dropping it. The new "Nanuq White" or other white-whites are awful in my opinion. I saw a white-white Countryman this morning and it looked boringly generic to me.

chrunck likes this.
  11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The (boring) cool white or arctic white shades are begging for custom stripes, but not everybody wants to stripe their cars.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Back before I discovered @revorg's wonderful International Mini Cooper News website that collects links to MINI articles, it was hell for me to search on Google for "MINI Cooper SE" because the hybrid Countryman SE was already out there, cluttering up the results. Many times I cursed MINI for not using a different suffix for the Countryman SE!

14. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip!

15. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

options for the SE on motorfile is a little different from what is available at mini usa press release:

https://miniusanews.com/newsrelease.do?id=1358&mid=1

Looks like motorfile, seconds ago, updated their page.

(ACC and parking assist are no longer options for the SE Signature 2.0.)

16. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

What is the difference between a luxury brand and a near luxury brand? fifteen years ago Volvo was labeled a near luxury brand. Now it is a luxury brand.

What is BMW doing with Mini? They are continuing the transformation of the Cooper from an economy car to a premium compact car by eliminating the base trim levels. Want a Mini? Pay the premium price for the premium trim of the premium compact car. Gone are the days of wind up windows, hubcaps on steel wheels, and AM radios. Next step; no cloth or vinyl interiors. Oops, the vinyl interior is gone on BMWs, it is now Sensatec® synthetic leather upholstery. Gone is cloth replaced with the hides of sustainably grown Alcantaras and Naugas for their hide.

Rexsio likes this.
  17. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Well Tesla is arguably a luxury car brand. Gone are the days of steering wheels and ultrasonic senors.

nowkent and SameGuy like this.
  18. insightman

The X indicates "removed from package," but are the X'd-out features now at least optional?

SameGuy likes this.
  19. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Most “luxury brands” these days offer decidedly non-luxury products at the lower end. What people call “luxury” I would say is really “premium.” Luxury is the higher end, outside of one or two luxury-focused brands.

AndysComputer likes this.
  20. BackPack

BackPack Member

Everyone has their must-have options, but I’m surprised to see these two. My 2023 Iconic has both. Personally I don’t like ACC at all. Give me regular cruise control where I can just set the speed and control speed up/slow down myself. It’s such a pain when someone pulls in front of me and the car suddenly slows down, even though there’s still plenty of room. I find ACC makes the car more difficult to drive so I usually don’t even use it.

I know my car has park assist, but I don’t know how to activate it. The car is so small, it’s very easy to parallel park. It fits everywhere.

If you give up on the car because of these two options, you’ll miss out on having a fun car to drive.

Hatch likes this.
  21. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

22. insightman

I use parking assist just when I'm showing off my SE to a new passenger--it scares both the passenger and me. My 2021 SE doesn't have ACC and even if MINI's optical version worked as well as our Honda Clarity PHEV's radar ACC, I wouldn't use it. I hate discovering I'm going only 65 mph because I've been following a car that's gradually slowing down while the driver's on the phone. Our Clarity allows me to select non-adaptive CC (like our SE has), which works better for me.

Cindy B and LegoZ like this.
  23. Qisl

Qisl Active Member