ICE odometer?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Mar 2, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Is there an odometer or something specifically for the gas engine to track how many miles/kms it’s been driven?

I know the service minder will tell you when to change the oil etc but it would be useful to know how much the ICE has been used.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rob_v1

Rob_v1 Member

You might take a look at the thread, What should the break-in period be for the Clarity? If Honda records mileage or engine hours, we don't yet know how to retrieve that information. I've installed an hour meter to provide a run time indication.

4. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I was hoping to find a tachometer somewhere in the computer for the ICE but I guess since we have no control over how high the engine revs, Honda decided we didn't need to know that information. Of course, the car knows all the time what the engine rpm is, otherwise it could blow itself up.

5. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

I have a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle with the Android Torque app. I wonder if that will read ICE RPM and electric motor RPM and display in gauge mode?

6. Rob_v1

Rob_v1 Member

I forget where I found it, but there is a collection of Xgauge settings to use with the Scangauge II that appears to be compatible with the Clarity. It requires the 4.50+ firmware, which I don't yet have. It doesn't offer any accumulated data, like hours or miles.

Edit: This is for Honda/Acura Hybrids. I haven't tested any of them on the Clarity.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bfd

bfd Active Member

Limited success using the same Xgauge settings as I did on the PriusPHEV. No temp readings, limited RPM range. All others like MPH, etc. work. Maybe I'll try the Honda/Acura settings. Seems like it might be closer to reality than Toyota's.

9. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

There a bunch of people looking into this in the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV forums. I’ll keep an eye out.