ICCU Failures in Canada??

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by ScubaSteve, Jul 17, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Hi,

in the U.S. there have been enough ICCU (Internal Charge Control Unit) failures to warrant a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for the Hyundai Ioniq 5, Kia EV6 and Genesis GV60.

The fix will be either a software update or outright replacement of the ICCU.

Have any Canadian owners experienced power loss issues related to the ICCU? If so, is there a Canadian equivalent of the TSB?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

4. I had my 2022 Ioniq5 in for a service today and they told me that I had a recall for the ICCU issue. They did the software update and I noticed no difference in anything. Car working just like it did before.
    No issues at all and car performs beutifully...we are putting on about 1000km average per week, I just completed a 1300 km round trip on Monday/Tuesday of this week to install an outlet for my brother in laws new Ioniq5 great driving car!
    Mike

ScubaSteve likes this.
  5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I just ran into a discussion of this over on Reddit, and came to see if it had been raised here. It has ...
    but it's kind of curious that the Kona hasn"t had the same ptoblem. Evidently HK didn't take an existing
    design for a 12V DC/DC converter that seemed successful and apply it to the newer cars ... ?

_H*

ScubaSteve and Mike Bearsails like this.
  6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Hi Mike, I just received my service campaign notice and have booked an appointment. The procedure is for the techs to look for a problem code specific to the ICCU; if your car has it, they replace the ICCU, if not, the current is reduced via a software change (which would prevent the ICCU from failing).

Mike Bearsails and electriceddy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lol...we just walked in the door from a week away sailing and there was my campaign notice as well...except got completed likley the day this went in the mail. Just checked on the car and all is good...
    Have a great day!
    Mike

ScubaSteve and electriceddy like this.