I made an ev comparison website... with a difference

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex Forward, Sep 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex Forward

Alex Forward New Member

I would love to get some feedback from fellow EV owners: evcomparetool.com

I made this site after realizing there’s a few questions that come up repeatedly from non-EV owners around range, charging and travel. Understanding how owning an electric vehicle will affect you and your lifestyle can be a complicated undertaking, and the answer is different for every person. Here’s what I am often asked when I tell people I own an EV:
    • How long do you spend charging your car?
    • How much does it cost you to charge your car every day?
    • How long does it take you to drive a long road trip?
    I wanted to answer those questions and realized it would require a personalized approach. The answers for me wouldn’t necessarily be the same for someone else. I wanted to be able to show people what the answers would look like for them, not for me.

I noticed that, while there are many EV comparison websites, they all follow the same patterns, and do not help you understand whether you need 50, 100 or 300 miles of range in an EV for it to be suitable for you. Just stating the vehicle range, or charge rate, doesn’t really tell you how that EV is going to fit into your life.

What makes evcomparetool.com different from other EV Comparison sites?
    evcomparetool.com uses personalized data (which is not stored), and shows you how an EV or Plug in Hybrid (PHEV) would affect your charging and travel times, the money you spend on fuel, and the effect you have on the environment.

Find out whether an EV or Plug In Hybrid has enough charge for your commute, whether you can take a roadtrip you have your heart set on, and what you would be spending on a weekly or monthly basis with a different vehicle.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Missing: the 2019 2019 Standard Range Plus as an available trim.

Bob Wilson

4. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Nice job! I like that it actually uses the local rates for electricity and gas. There is a big difference in Electricity rates based on where you live.