Hyundai - Will I Ever Learn?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, Jul 30, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. It's time for my monthly
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 115604.jpg

With all the information it's offering, I ought to be able to just click on

Screenshot 2023-07-30 115634.jpg

and download a PDF Owner's Manual. It says "Download," right?
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 115722.jpg
    Oh, OK. Makes sense - Huyndai wouldn't want to serve up a manual download to someone who doesn't know what a palm tree is.

I log in, search the page, and eventually try the hamburger menu. Hey - maybe it's under Hyundai Resources?​
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 115829.jpg
    Wow! The Owner's Manual got to be here, right?

Screenshot 2023-07-30 115901.jpg
    Yup - here are all the manuals Hundai offers for my vehicle. (Although honestly, "find information quickly" no longer applies.)

Screenshot 2023-07-30 115942.jpg

Only the Bluelink manual.

When will I ever learn?

Aaugh1.png

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Proves my point. When you don't log in and select the model, you get four manuals for my vehicle. When I go the long away around by clicking the Download link, and get the manuals custom filtered for my personal vehicle, I only get one.

The website works about as well as the 12v battery saver system.

And Hyundai is just as eager to fix one as the other. I emailed them three years ago about the problems with the Download link and the manuals.

4. It feels as if every company has seen the lack of meaningful consequences against airlines mistreating customers, and followed suit. For this kind of do$h, at least hire a help desk.

5. Perhaps in the fickle and highly-competitive US market but Hyundai do just fine here in New Zealand, noting that new car prices are normally not negotiable. I've had no problem reaching a customer service rep at the importer in under a minute. Complaints about dealers have been rare and from what I've seen on the FB group they rectify things promptly.

John Lumsden likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Hyundai and KIA are rapidly wearing out their welcome in North America. If Chinese brands make it here, Hyundai/KIA/Genesis are finished.

Mediocre products sold at a premium with substandard service are discarded.

8. Afraid Aus experience is similar to US. At least for me.