Hyundai Kona - to produce only compliance rate 20K- not serious

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by 101101, Mar 8, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Its nice that Hyundai says your move Elon- but when you will only produce 20K worth of the vehicle you are not anymore serious than petrol shil GM. GM is just a front for petrol. Its like Exxon being serious about producing electric vehicles- its beyond a joke.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. These cars will probably only be exported to L.A and San Francisco

101101 likes this.
  4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

It's not like I don't welcome them. Fantastic, I like Hyundai and do appreciate that they tied their marketing to Tesla. I hope that they follow GM's lead to an extent. GM bitterly announced it would be making more than the compliance amount of Bolts to appear to compete with Tesla. Its goal of course is to fail convincingly so Barra can trigger some bonuses or some such thing. Hyundai may instead go beyond the planned compliance rate somewhat joyously even if it it puts petrol sunk costs at risk. I laugh when I think of their appeals to the market. They act like its not bureaucratic technocrats that control things mainly from the state side.

5. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I think they intend to have the Kona EV as a regular model along side the gas versions. However this may be in Canada only. They do have a full color brochure dedicated to the EV. This seems to me a serious marketing tool. The only other reason might be if the price is way too high they will need all the help they can get to sell them.