Hyundai IONIQ 5 Insider Program

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by GaryClark, Jun 11, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Moments after the US Hyundai IONIQ 5 site was fully up, I selected a trim and color and gave the deposit.

These quotes below are not mine or emphasis mine but a copy and paste from the web site. I did receive a phone call (missed) and email follow up from Hyundai Concierge Service Center. This appears to be an alignment of interest to local dealer. If the dealers sets the price I'm not sure if that is done as a collective barganing with Hyundai to set the MSRP or if everyone could see different prices after MSRP is independently set.

I was hoping IONIQ 5 would fill the slot the Kona EV is vacating instead of being inflated to set the value gap. If talk of this platforms cost at KIA is any indication I am absolutely wrong and they will be siphoning off the consumer tax rebates up front.

Didn't need a baby buggy but love the IONIQ 5 looks. Not enough to pay 8k too much because used e-trons or a new Model 3 or iD4 would be great options while Hyundai iron out the new car wrinkles and eventually release a quicker model.

"Vehicle design and all configuration and package options, including price, as well as equipment, options and availability, may be subject to change and are NOT guaranteed."

"Your submission of a reservation request does not guarantee a price for the 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5. DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE AND ANY ESTIMATED MSRP."

"Hyundai and the Dealer make no guarantee that any 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 will be configured to your requested specifications. Hyundai and the Dealer makes no guarantee as to the timing of when the Vehicle you configured will be available, and there is no guarantee on any pricing or incentives which may be available until the time the Vehicle is actually purchased. Hyundai and the Dealer also make no guarantee that any Vehicle you configure will be delivered to you or set aside by the Dealer for your exclusive purchase. Hyundai and the Dealer reserve the right to cancel a reservation request at any time, for any reason"

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. From what I hear the ID4 has plenty of wrinkles plus it's newer than the Ioniq.