Hyundai Complimentary Maintenance

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Mar 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Read this article:
    https://www.torquenews.com/1083/here-are-us-vehicle-brands-offer-included-maintenance-2022
    More notably:
    [​IMG]
    So I went to Hyundai HCM website and read this:
    • Only covers basic services listed in the Owner’s Manual at the time specified. Normal wear and tear items such as engine and air filters, cabin filter, wiper blades, brake pads, etc. are not covered. Any additional maintenance due to severe driving is the customer’s responsibility.
    • Does not cover services or repairs listed as “inspect” in the Owner’s Manual. Any recommended services and inspections outside of oil and oil filter changes, and tire rotations will be subject to charge.
    Ha Ha, what a joke.
    Everything is marked in the manual as "inspect" for the first 3 years, except of course the cabin air filter -which is not included.
    Only replaceable item is at 4 years - brake fluid- of course past the expiry date.
    Only item possible to use during the three years would be rotate tires.
    I think would Hyundai could do a little better than this:rolleyes:
    How about giving us a free gearbox oil change the first three years, somewhat similar to the complimentary ICE oil change ;)
    Complimentary maintenance includes Hyundai approved oil and oil filter change (except for electric vehicles and fuel cell electric vehicles)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

I'm on my 2nd leased Kona, 7500 miles in. Just like for the 1st, I'm getting voicemails and text messages from the dealer reminding me I'm overdue for oil/filter change and that my lease holds me responsible for basic preventative maintenance. Fact is they won't see me until 15,000 miles when I'll get the tires rotated. Meantime I know how to check fluid levels. Some day they'll figure it out :rolleyes:

4. bando

bando New Member

Didn't your dealer offer you the free oil change promotion? :D

Ginginova likes this.