HV Range Fix Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by AnthonyW, Jun 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

See attached bulletin. Honda is aware and working on a software fix!

Attached Files:

Ken7, Hobbesgsr, JoeN and 27 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Woohoo!
    AnthonyW wins the Clarity Pulitzer Prize for reporting this first.
    And kudos to everyone who took the time to make a ticket with Honda.

Chooch and AndyBA like this.
  4. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

AnthonyW, I would kiss you if i could :D

5. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I like that they admit it's their error and note that the Sales people should be aware of it (yeah - they don't even charge the cars before demos).

geo

Carro con enchufe and dstrauss like this.
  6. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

I do what I can. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Well glory be. It's about time. Cudos to Honda for finally admitting it.

9. Wall-e

Wall-e Member

This is good news, my wife and I were really perplexed how such a simple calculation could be overlooked. Both being engineers we were wondering how on earth this could get pass quality control. Honestly probably needed to meet a hard deadline and the engineers just thought we will fix it in rev 1 to get it out the door.

KenG and Johnhaydev like this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

OMG - great job @AnthonyW - any chance you can get them to fix the SiriusXM disruption when you use the pre-climate control on your Hondalink or the fob (where you lose control of SiriusXM after pre-cooling or pre-heating)?

11. Vinoh

Vinoh Member

Yay!!! Thanks so much for this info.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I may have missed it somewhere - has anyone gotten a firm answer on how we will get these (non-navigation/infotainment) firmware updates?

geo

14. dstrauss

I'm betting these are dealer installed only - not OTA - too much risk of screwing something else up (you know, like a Microsoft Windows 10 update that busts something else while fixing a minor issue).

K8QM likes this.
  15. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

Agreed - bricking your smartphone or notebook sucks but bricking your car would take it to a whole new level.

geo

insightman likes this.
  16. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

Hello @dstrauss See my post above in the "Clarity Issues" thread.

17. dstrauss

Rajiv Vaidyanathan likes this.
  18. bigbug

bigbug Member

May 2018....That's 5 MONTHS late! They should be aware of this as soon as the first fill up happens, either on their test course or by early customers.

19. bfd

bfd Active Member

Still waiting for that to happen with our 2015 Model S, it's updated regularly OTA. I don't stay awake nights thinking about it, but it's always a consideration. The fail-safe is that the owner can determine whether or not to begin the update process. I'm sure we're not the only ones who get the notification and then wait a few days to see if the sky falls before pressing update.

K8QM likes this.
  20. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

Awesome, this was an irritation and had to rely on gas bars alone.

21. Parja

Parja New Member

I encountered this a couple days ago. Glad to see it's a known issue, I guess, and not some fluke thing I'm seeing. Has anyone reported this to Honda? What's the best way to report something like this to hopefully get a fix.

22. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I did, and they sent me to the dealer. But they first wouldn't let me show a tech because I needed a separate appointment, and when I dropped it off they could not reproduce the problem...