How to find out what the 2019 updates will be?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by DBSeattle, Oct 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DBSeattle

DBSeattle New Member

Heard rumor today that scene $7500 federal subsidy is in the crosshairs in Congress (bill proposed; who knows if will pass?). My plan has been to wait before committing to buying 2018 clarity, I was hoping to wait till 2019 updates will be announced to see if it’s worth the wait. I have seen some speculation and wishlists but I wonder if anyone knows how we can find this information out more reliably and when to expect the news from Honda. As a comparison, the 2019 Chevy Bolt updates have already been announced. Any insight would be helpful and gratefully received!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Doughtful there will be any changes to the Clarity for 2019.

4. chris5168

chris5168 Member

You said ‘insight’... Honda’s new baby.

Not sure anyone knows, I was in the same camp waiting for the 2019 but here is my story.

Put my ‘trade’ on Craigslist and received top dollar, way above private party and clearly trade-in value, so I was stuck with Sellers Remorse and reluctantly had to get go with a 2018. Now I ask myself why I waited so long.

Knowing there would always be subtle updates every model year, my biggest concern with the 2018 was the infotainment. While it still runs older Android, it is totally fine without the volume knob, easier to clean, and far more responsive than I initially thought.

Also the ‘look’ will never change, sunroof won’t be added, I actually like the 2016, err, 2018 Lane Watch camera (but the resolution is horrible compared to our 2014 Odyssey), and since I’m reasonably frugal, I couldn't justify the Touring pricing percentage (about 13% or $83/month for 36 months) over the Base when calculated post tax credit.

If you’re only looking at the Touring, 2019 it might bring some added value options like HUD and folding mirrors along with infotainment update like base model but Touring model wasn’t for me.

So for me, totally good with the 2018 base model with zero regrets.

Another thought, if the tax credit ends, the demand for the 2018’s will definitely increase and any discounts from MSRP will vanish. Hope this helps.