How long can I safely run on Accessory Setting?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by hwitten, Nov 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Probably worried about nothing but thought I'd ask.

Any ideas as to how long I can run on Accessory Setting? I don't mean the UTIL setting, just first start press (without foot on brake).

Since I'm still in first week with new toy I tend to 'play' lots, trying to familiarize myself with Nav etc.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Solved my concern by packing a NOCO 12 Volt boost battery pack. Probably (hopefully) will never be used.

Francois likes this.
  4. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

One of our favourite features is the utility mode/camping mode/dog mode which you select from the menu on the steering wheel. My husband will go shopping with me and stay in the car and using his ipad and plays music indefinitely after putting the car into utility mode. We use it for our dogs too in summer. You are using the big lithium battery.

5. Yeah, utility mode will be great for longer/intended battery use. I was curious because the popup comes on but I figure that's just time related and not measuring voltage. My other car is a Volvo XC60 and it's not happy when accessory battery gets low. It has stuff running, even when turned off so not happy if it sits for a few weeks. It's going to get real unhappy as the Kona is now our city driver. Guess it'll be on an umbilical cord to keep it at the ready. :)

6. Kona has a very low capacity 12 V accessory battery and would be well advised not to run in accessory mode. It only gets recharged when in run , utility or battery saver mode.;)

SkookumPete and hwitten like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.