How do I permanently turn off the touch screen disclaimer on startup?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by C02less, Jun 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Every time I start Knoa the Kona a little Hyundai lawyer pops up on my touch screen asking me to confirm some liability disclaimer. Just out of principle I will never confirm it. Is there a way to permanently get rid of this stupidity?

Toolworker and Shawn Schinkel like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. No, but every time you update the infotainment firmware, the disclaimer will get longer.

syntaxfx, Esprit1st, FlexTail and 2 others like this.
  4. So how do I prevent a firmware update? I do not use the bluelink function at all.

5. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

It's the INFOTAINMENT FIRMWARE, as TOOLWORKER mentioned. Not BLUELINK. You cannot turn off that annoying message. That's a CYA on their part.

6. OK, so is the firmware updated at the dealer? I will need to insist that no software updates are installed without my consent. Anyone tried that?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. What firmware updates done at the dealer would you not want? From what I have seen, they are all fixes and improvements in efficiency, performance and safety of your car. I like to know what they are, but so far don't know of any that I wouldn't want.

Head unit (infotainment system) might be different, but they are done by you, not the dealer. Those I do scrutinize closely before updating.

Toolworker and C02less like this.
  9. Thanks RP. That's good info!

10. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I turn the screen off when shutting down [hold the volume knob in], and half the time I don't
    even bring it back on for a drive. When I do, I smack the * button, set to go to the EV energy
    screen, and then ignore it until the nanny times out and the clock is showing.

_H*