hotspot

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by hochiinn, Mar 4, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hochiinn

hochiinn New Member

new member here. i tried the search. i am trying to install hotspot, and i need the data/network option. it aint there. used the search, takes me to where it should be, but no. called bluelink, they have no clue. said to take it to the dealer. emailed dealer where we got the car. they say car no hava this feature. originally, we got an email from hyundai, activated it, but now a dead end. anyone?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dimakan01

dimakan01 New Member

Same problem here. I even checked with Verizon web site using device ID (IMEI number under Modem in NAV system) and it says "This vehicle is currently enrolled in free trial". But there is no way to access it to activate. Hyundai replied "You need to install May map update". I have Oct 23 update installed. So maybe they mean... May 24? LOL

4. hochiinn

hochiinn New Member

i call bluelink every week. so far, at least 4 weeks. i give them the case nbr, and each time they tell me they are forwarding it on to engineering. tomorrow i will again call. i was actually being charged by verizon, who also has our internet. they cancelled, and refunded me. now, when i try to enroll again, it says imei nr is not supported. bluelink shows subscription is active. from what i have seen, and i have searched a lot, the may update is 2023. my last update, ota, was feb 2024. bluelink has confirmed subscription, eligibility, everything, but they cannot get the data/network to appear. i have this really neat dongle from carlinkit that makes the infotainment into a tablet, and i can project our dashcams onto the screen, and a lot of other neat stuff, but once we leave our house, it all goes away. lemme know it you find out how get it working. i will still ***** at them weekly