Horrible parts issues

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by 22CGSELAWD, Nov 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 22CGSELAWD

22CGSELAWD New Member

I’ll start by saying that I love(d) my ‘22 SEL AWD. However, we as owners and consumers need to press Hyundai to do better about providing parts for these cars. My car was in an accident in May with less than 3,400 miles. It has been undrivable and waiting on parts since then. The (hopefully) last part has an ETA in late January 2023 (assuming that is accurate, it will be over 250 days after the accident).

After over 5 months Hyundai started paying for a rental Tesla. I appreciate that, but I never wanted a Tesla—I want the car I bought! As far as getting the parts, there is seemingly not much concern about speeding up the process. If Hyundai can continue to make new cars, each containing the single part my car needs, they can take care of an existing customer and fix my car!

Honestly just posting to try to get Hyundai’s attention and warn others to be careful with their cars!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You have touched on the same issue that lead to the sale of my KIA Niro EV. *It is my opinion* that Hyundai (and affiliates) are overwhelmed by the ongoing Theta II motor and DCT recalls in ICE cars, relegating our EV parts problem a smaller concern.

The generous warranties offered are not yet supported by parts, or sufficient staff to install them.

I recommend contacting your AG to explore buyback pressure if they can't repair your car in less than a year.