HondaLink support

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by petteyg359, Dec 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

So I called tech support a long while back and they've finally gotten back to me. 99 out of 100 tries "Send destination to car" has not worked, and scheduled remote climate has never worked (though manually starting/stopping it works fine).

They called me back finally, and are still troubleshooting on their broken app end, but apparently the app isn't just broken, but they have no way to debug without logging into your specific account, i.e. they need your username and password so they can log into the app and pretend to be you. It just so happens that Honda's online account system uses the same account for loan payments and HondaLink. Maybe the tech support department will pay it off for me :p

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Technobody

Technobody New Member

My turn on climate works through the app, I don't know about scheduled climate. Haven't tried it. My send to car has never worked just like yours. I ended up giving my username and password for Honda Link to the tech so they could remotely log in. They were sending my concerns to the server group. I have not heard back since.

4. petteyg359

So the entirety of their attempt to fix the issue is "uninstall and reinstall the app", "reset bluetooth on the phone", and "try it while sitting in the car". The first two have been tried several times. The last is kind of pointless, as why wouldn't I just use the damn big screen in the car if I'm already in it, and I already tried that anyway. Finally they took my username and password to try from their end, and obviously failed there, too. They refuse to accept that anything could possibly actually be wrong with the app. Good thing Honda makes changing the password easy. Next time I get a car I'll just buy a Tesla, even if I have to go out of state to do so because stupid politicians take stupid bribes from stupid dealerships...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  5. Steve C

Steve C New Member

I've been in contact with Tech as well. After the password and username issues given I got a call back. I had to reexplain the problem/s with the app and inability to do anything will Climate command. On the 3rd call back, I was able to turn on the Climate command but not schedule the Climate. The person returning my call said he was not given any information on the scheduling issue so he will give it back to the Techs. I really want the heater to come on in the morning and every morning. It sounds as though others are having the same issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they can figure it out.

6. petteyg359

Given how many times I explained the same issues to the same support person and how many times I was told to just uninstall and reinstall the app as if that's suddenly going to work after doing it yet another time, I'm not optimistic.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

While I've had good luck with the HondaLink app for the most part, I've also noticed a hit-n-miss luck of getting scheduled climate preconditioning to come on each morning. I've tried both of my evse's and can't blame it on that. One is a Chinese 32amp, the other is my Honda OEM evse running on 240v. Overnight lows in my garage are getting into the low 40F range, so I can't blame it on the temperature being too warm.

9. It took me a while (at least a month I think) to get it working. A tech finally said he was going to send it to engineering. I checked every day, morning and evening. On day four iirc it was working and has ever since. I believe that was third week of June 2019.

10. petteyg359

So with this coronavirus crap going around, I've been told to work from home for the next month and a half. So I'm sitting in my room at 4:45, and I hear the big relay on the charger click on in the garage. I'm confused, because this is not the time I have it set to charge. So there are two problems here.

1. Daylight savings time. Honda, my electricity is free 8 PM to 6 AM. I have the charge schedule set to then for a reason. Don't ****ing move the schedule by an hour; just set the god damn clock.

2. 3:45 (now 4:45 because of the stupid DST change) is when I have it set for remote climate, which never works. Except apparently when its plugged in. It's just never been plugged in at this hour before When I want it to work, though, is when the car has been sitting in the hot sun in the parking lot and NOT plugged in for 8 hours, yet still has 90% charge.

God damnit Honda. Get a software department that isn't **** at their job, please.

11. The clock change is odd. Ours changed on it's own last weekend. I wonder why yours didn't. Unless the "clock" and "timer" use different sources and on only one changes automatically, which would be stupid, but not surprising.

12. To remove this ad click here.