HondaLink says Update Now

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Jun 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

When I open HondaLink on my iphone, it says "Updates have been made and you must update in order to continue using this application" with "Update Now" button. When you click the update now button, there is nothing to update since I am on version 4.4.0. I tried deleting the app and then reinstalling, with same outcome. Restarting the iphone did no good either. Any thoughts?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

I’m not having the update issue but mine is crashing a lot. 4.4.0 and iPhone 14.4.2

4. Robert_Alabama

Yesterday was my first day back in the office. It is an issue with the wireless network. Once I turned the wireless off on my phone, it worked fine just using cellphone reception. Odd, but at least I know what it is now. Works fine with wireless at home.

5. I don’t use Hondalink. I do find the provided instructions to be somewhat perplexing. Have the updates been made or not? If they’ve been made, shouldn’t it be unnecessary to make them again?

6. Robert_Alabama

Yes, the error message is just wrong. It has to do with not connecting via wireless, not the need for an update as all updates are up to date. Just a bug in the app not giving the appropriate error message.

7. To remove this ad click here.