Hondalink problems connecting to head unit

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Cycledawg, May 15, 2019 at 1:38 AM.

1. Cycledawg

Cycledawg New Member

My android phone has no problem connecting to the car. When I click the hondalink on the home screen , sometimes it connects fine and gives me the weather, vehicle details, etc. Sometimes, it doesn't connect and says that I need to 'connect with hondalink' or 'connect with wifi' If I click on one, it says refer to the instructions to connect....even though i know my phone is connected because i am listening to music via my phone. If I reset the head unit, sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't. Other times, it can be connected....then 10 minutes later it can be disconnected. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it. Thanks in advance.

2. Arthur Picard

Arthur Picard New Member

I had the same problem after last Honda link update. I found that in app permissions I had to enable permission to storage.

3. Cycledawg

Cycledawg New Member

thanks....i'll give it a shot!

4. Cycledawg

Cycledawg New Member

Amazing....works perfectly now! Thanks....how did you manage to figure that out?

5. Cycledawg

Cycledawg New Member

Unfortunately the same issue is back again! I thought it was fixed.

6. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

There is a new (android) version updated from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 out today with the generic "Minor bug fixes and usability enhancements".

Maybe it fixes the issue.

7. Cycledawg

Cycledawg New Member

Thanks...I updated but unfortunately periodically have the same issues. ;)

8. Spring_Clarity

Spring_Clarity New Member

Same issues here with iOS on iPhone 7.
    I really REALLY want to like this car and I do, but having the remote climate option work from the app would seal the deal in these Texas Summers. I know you are dealing with Android, so I will post my woes separately.
    Wish this feature got more attention.

9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

My iPhone 7 with past and latest OS is working fine. It preconditions but sometimes takes up to several minutes to begin. It worked flawlessly this winter every morning on a schedule and a couple of times this summer on manual. You have to be patient and not do anything to cause it to stop like opening the driver’s door and maybe unlocking but not sure on that last. And you have to realize that if the inside and outside temperatures don’t match the algorithm, then it won’t work.
    Here is the chart and explanation of how it decides to work. (First posted by @jdonalds, I think)

Attached Files: