HondaLink logged me out - cannot login or reset password

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by hanman, Jul 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. hanman

hanman Member

I have been using HondaLink for the past 3 years or so.
    It is not perfect but it works on my Android Note 4.
    Whenever Google Play store suggests I update it, I do.
    2 years ago, it required me to login, and I did after an update, and was good.
    Then 2 weeks ago, it asked me to login. It took me 2 weeks to get to it and used the same password as before, but it rejected it.
    So I tried to reset the password, and it told me: "Reset not accepted - try again later".

Any ideas? Shall I go to the dealership for this?
    Are there any phone number to call to get help with HondaLink?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

A Samsung Note 4? That’s a 7 year old phone.

4. hanman

hanman Member

Yes guilty as charged.

5. hanman

hanman Member

So I tried resetting the password by entering a simpler password, and it worked.
    I am back and logged in to my HondaLink - yes using my 7 years old Android based Samsung Note 4.
    I like my Samsung Note 4 because I can change the battery at will, and I always carry with me a spare battery. They run for $12-14 each.
    And I don't click on any link ever on that phone to avoid phishing attacks. Just use basic Apps (email,HondaLink,chromecast,calendar,etc...)

6. vicw

vicw Active Member

It may be coincidental, but I'm using a Pixel 4a 5g phone, on Android 12 beta, and I can't open the HondaLink app on it this morning. It tells me there is an update to the app, and jumps me to the Play Store, but there is no update available, and I'm deadended at that point.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but no improvement. I suspect Honda may have a server problem today.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Inside EVs mobile app

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

I am also getting a notice to update upon opening. Running 4.4.0 on Android 10. Nothing newer on Play.

9. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I had the same problem for many hours starting early this morning. Restarting my phone didn't help nor did looking for updates through the app store. Just checked again about an hour ago and Honda uploaded a new update that can be installed. Strangely, the update date did not change but it works fine now. They obviously disabled the app before providing a new update. You gotta wonder about the quality of their code monkeys.

10. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

On my iPhone, the app updated yesterday to 4.4.1. It's not showing me range estimates for gas or battery, although I did get an alert when charging finished this morning.

11. vicw

vicw Active Member

Apparently, Honda flipped the switch, a bit out of sequence, so the app is now updated and working again for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Inside EVs mobile app

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've uninstalled and re-installed 4 times. The screen says "Last updated Apr 15 2021. Every time I try to open the app after it finishes installing it tells me "Updates have been made and you must update in order to continue using this application." Perhaps they've decided not to support Android 8.1.0 any longer and won't explain that?

14. JRath

JRath New Member

Both of our iPhones will not show range or allow control as of this AM after update. I saw a popup for the update first thing this AM, clicked it, did update, has not worked since. My wife's phone had already updated, to also become useless. Basically nothing works now. So glad to have the "new and improved" version of the HondaLink app. Not. (We're using iPhone 8 and iPhone6).

15. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Same here on an iPhone7, but it was showing no ranges, just the green bar on the gas indicator (halfway, as it actually is), no bar on the electric, before the "update". The "update" didn't change anything, same old cr.. but at least I am a bit relieved it's not my car or my phone. Someday Honda will fix its server, I hope. Or maybe there's another ongoing cyberattack?

16. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Updated to now-available v4.4.1 on Android 10 and app functionality has returned for me. Able to adjust charge schedule, see odometer, and use Find my car.

17. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Mine just started working. I'm 97% sure these outages are server based and while we go through all these gyrations it's just a matter of waiting for some Honda engineer to notice.

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks, @leehinde. After reading about your success, I tried again. This time the app said "Last updated Jun 30 2021" so that made me confident I was actually downloading the new version. They disabled the old version before replacing it on Googleplay! I am happy it is now working on my old Android 8.1.0 phone (which I purchased only because HondaLink forced me to when they abandoned my earlier phone's version of Android).

19. JRath

JRath New Member

By late day, both iPhones were running the app again, displaying range info. Interestingly, it would "Find My Car", even when it would not display range. Hmmmmm.