Hondalink Bluetooth Issue

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by PHClarity2018, Dec 24, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PHClarity2018

PHClarity2018 New Member

So far I love my Clarity except for one major issue. When remote climate is turned on it activates Bluetooth. Even when the phone is 30 feet away inside the house, Bluetooth turns on and connects to the phone. I was on an urgent call when my scheduled remote climate turned on and my call was routed to the call. Caused me a lot of headache. Anyone having this same issue?

Also when remote climate is on, or when the car is on for that matter it allows anyone within 50 or so feet to connect to the car. This Bluetooth range is way too far IMHO.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Reno_bk

Reno_bk New Member

I noticed this the other day, too. Thought my phone was dead because I could not make a call, then I realized that it was dialing in the car outside on the driveway while the climate control was running. You can tell your phone where to send it, but my iPhone defaults to the car if connected.

The other quirk I've noticed is my infotainment system will freeze sometimes if I get in the car while the pre-conditioning cycle is running. I've had the stereo freeze a few times over the past few weeks and it won't come back on for several hours. It's not happened when starting the car normally, but each time it's frozen I had been using the remote climate function...

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

4. FrameFlipper

FrameFlipper New Member

Happen to have my remote climate running in order to melt the blanket of ice that accumulated overnight. I tried placing my phone by our side door which is 15 ft. from the car and calling from another phone. Everything seems to work fine, cellphone is ringing inside the house and the car's melting the ice outside. The Clarity's Bluetooth connection doesn't seem to be commandeering the indoor call progress. So I guess we know the remote climate feature has the capability to function correctly in certain circumstances. Hope this is helpful.

5. PHClarity2018

PHClarity2018 New Member

Very interesting. I spoke to Honda about this and they insist this behavior is by design.

6. PHClarity2018

PHClarity2018 New Member

Also I have discovered when remote climate is activated, it allows anyone within 50+ feet of the car to pair to it. No type of authentication is required. Anyone is able to connect to the car. Seems like a major vulnerability that Honda is insisting is normal behavior to me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

On that infotainment lock up - mine only kills SiriusXM radio - FM, AM, and connected phone all work fine. I have to turn it off and restart to clear it up...

Anyone else here smell a BSOD issue (Ctrl-Alt-Delete)? Amazing how driving has become a third computer in my life...:rolleyes: