Honda service appointment

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ProspectiveBuyer, Oct 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm approaching 5,000 miles and figured it's probably time to rotate the tires and get any other service they deem necessary. Does this sound like a good idea? I've only used about a quarter tank since I bought the car in July. But thinking they might do an oil change anyway. Also, should I use up the gas even though I've mainly driven on electric? I bought the car in July so I've only had it for a few months. I average about 60 miles per day.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Rotate tires maybe...oil change no way. Multiple threads can be found that reference "Why change oil when only have hundreds of miles on the ICE?"

Every Clarity owner has to decide what is the appropriate mileage to change oil. Honda wants you to change oil when the maintenance minder (MM) tells you it is time...regardless of the actual mileage on the ICE. Personally, I will change the oil in my Clarity after 6000 miles on ICE or one year, which ever comes first.

At a minimum I would wait until the MM tells you it is time for service. Normally that is between 6-7k miles.

I have uploaded two PDF files that describe required and recommended service. Personally, I would only do what is REQUIRED and never tell the dealership to do "what they deem necessary".

Hope this info helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

4. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Currently annoyed that with every start I get an alert that service will be due soon. I check when and it's 'three weeks' from now. So, for at least three weeks, I have to deal with this alert. Color me Annoyed.