Honda email announces CR-V hybrid and all 3 Claritys for 2020

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KentuckyKen, Sep 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

i just got an email from Honda that says the CR-V will be offered as a hybrid. Didn’t say plug in just hybrid and a sign up to get more info when it’s available.
    Also directs you to a Honda site where you can see all 3 kinds of 2020 Claritys.
    So the Clarity is not dead yet, at least not in California.

2002 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

And Canada. And maybe Oregon based on the rumor picked up by DucRider.

4. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Can you show us the website / URL where it shows 2020 Clarity? On Honda US I just see the 2019s still.

5. dnb

dnb Active Member

Anything new on the 2020 model? Was there any change from 2018 -> 2019? Was surprised not to see a control panel update with physical nobs they use on other models in 2019. I personally just use the wheel controls but was one complaint I saw a lot in reviews. Plus its just old hw and slow.

6. eneka

eneka Member

The CR-V hybrid was actually announced over a week ago for the US market. Honda is also dropping the old 2.4l engine and putting the 1.5t across all non-hybrid crvs. The Hybrid CR-V has actually been on sale in many countries for a couple years already.

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/releases/2020-honda-cr-v-americas-most-popular-cuv-gets-new-us-built-hybrid-electric-version-standard-honda-sensing-and-freshened-styling

The 2020 MMC CR-V still has the same information as the previous model yeah, which is similar to the clarity's system. Looks like Honda isn't planning on changing it until a FMC. The same system is also used in the Civic, hrv and Acura NSX.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

And nice for my local economy the new Crv hybrid will be made in my home state of Indiana...already the top auto mfr in the US by many measures...

9. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

If there are no changes again in the 2020, it just shows you Honda isn’t investing another penny in the Clarity. :(

insightman likes this.
  10. I'm curious why the pictures of the 2020- CRV hybrid (which does seem to have the current generation infotainment system) show it as having a conventional shift lever, not the abomination that is the Honda button shifter used in most of the rest of the line.

Anyway, a hybrid makes sense, as I'm sure Toyota is taking market share with the RAV4 Hybrid

11. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

are you sure about that?

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/RzbBA/s3/2020-honda-cr-v-hybrid.jpg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Strange. Maybe they are using a different interior for the hybrid and non-hybrid, because on the 2020 CRV page (https://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/cr-v?ef_id=1:1:1&CID=SEARCH_HON_GOOGLE_MY20CRH_BRD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjbu8kNnu5AIVC1YMCh3H-wwIEAAYASAAEgJ6hPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#gallery) which has both hybrid and non-hybrid, it has this interior picture with a shifter:

14. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

well it's because the picture you are showing is for the CVT model.

look at the honda accord. the gas version with CVT has that type of lever shifter, and the hybrid accord has the digital/button shifter like the clarity.

15. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

I'm still waiting for the Pilot PHEV...

16. KentuckyKen

Here is where I was referred to when clicking on a link in the email on Vehicles:
    https://automobiles.honda.com/vehicles?CID=dmg_29284275&e=S0ZXRVNUMDFASUNMT1VELkNPTQ==&p=MTM2MzA4ODY0&b=SE9OREEgQVVUTw==&campaignName=29284275&SP_RID=MjY4NTk4ODg3MDI1S0&SP_MID=29284275&PROGRAMID=RPNEWS&CAMPAIGNCODE=AT9636&OFFERCODE=NT9636&CELLCODE=GN&PID=136308864&FROM=EMAIL&spMailingID=29284275&spUserID=MjY4NTk4ODg3MDI1S0&spJobID=1544337324&spReportId=MTU0NDMzNzMyNAS2

Interestingly when I went back and checked, the Clarity build does not mention any model years while the others like the Accord give you the option of 2019 or 2020. Don’t know what that means.

17. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

18. KentuckyKen

You’re welcome.
    I went and checked from my location in Kentucky. The Clarity Electric and Fuel Cell versions have 2019 listed as the only model year and the Clarity PHEV has no model year listed. And they prominently list the dealer’s in California for the BEV and FC Clarity bur not the PHEV. The other cars like the Accord have 2019 and 2020 listed.
    So it’s not looking as rosy for the PHEV Clarity as I first thought when I got this. Not sure if this bodes good or bad for future Claritys. It certainly seems that Honda is not going gaga (If they ever did) over the Clarity.

19. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

The links seem to be to the same pages you get when you click "Vehicles" on the home page.

If you scroll down a little bit on the Clarity page a banner pops up that says 2019. Hopefully that just means they don't have the 2020 page ready yet, likely because it will be coming later than the others. And maybe because there are still a few new 2018's on dealer lots :eek:

Clarity page.JPG

20. KentuckyKen

Thanks for coming to our collective rescue. I wondered too what it means or if it means anything at all that Honda didn’t list 2020 in the build process. Guess time will tell.

21. eneka

eneka Member

Both those pictures are actually the non-hybrid models. Hybrids will have the EV, econ, and other drive modes buttons. Hybrids also have fogs lights

You can see pictures here

https://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1397960

22. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

If they had made the CR-V a PHEV and sold it in Michigan, I would have been the first one in the door at my dealer. Even if it had only half the EV miles of the Clarity, I would love to have an AWD CUV PHEV Honda. Maybe someday..........

Dan Albrich likes this.
  23. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I vote for Sandroad to become the main Honda person who decides what to build next. Yep CRV, PHEV, say 25 mile all-EV range, AWD.

For me personally, I'd love to see more PHEV options period. The PHEV is the perfect vehicle for me and likely will be until re-charging is as fast as a gasoline fill.

MPower likes this.