Hit and run in Memphis

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Feb 10, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Driving home about 7:30 PM in Memphis, an earlier accident had all but stopped traffic except for the driver who side-swiped my rear bumper and drove off. Reading the license plate is difficult and I'm sure what type of car.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Glad you're ok! I almost caused a similar incident when I was young. I was on the highway doing 65 in a van and checking my right mirror to see if I could get in that lane. I looked too long, however, and traffic in my lane had suddenly stopped. I was about 50 feet from the back of a car and had to pull a tricky emergency maneuver to get in between the car and the highway divider. I was very lucky not to have hit anything.

Looking at the YouTube footage, I can't quite make out the plate. I would try screen-shotting the best frame from the raw footage and use "dehaze" and "clarity" in Photoshop to maybe help. I imagine you'll be dealing with a body shop soon to get that fixed up. Let us know how it goes, if you're so inclined.

4. bwilson4web

My best guess is "0T3-54B". But I can't identify the car. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion?

I'm working with my insurance claims adjuster. Just wondering if I should reach out to "Slam Bamb Tesla Cam?"

Bob Wilson

5. We're looking at it now. I thought it was a Toyota Corolla, but I can't find a tail light match. Someone else has suggested Hyundai Elantra.
    *edit to add image of 2007 Hyundai Elantra
    2007-Hyundai-Elantra-rear.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    bwilson4web likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

Thanks!

One of the moderators at Tesla Owners suggested the same. I'll share with my claims adjuster.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.