HELP! Windshield washer fluid not squirting out!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Stan-O, Jan 12, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Sadly I don't have the time to drop in at a dealership for the next few days so I'm trying to see if I can troubleshoot/diagnose/fix it myself.

The fluid has been topped up of course, but there's nothing squirting from either of the wiper arms. The wipers themselves are working, but just smudging the dirt around on the windshield now. :(

I've used a decent fluid which shouldn't freeze (and never froze over the years I've owned Clarity), but I don't know how accessible the rest of the windshield fluid system without going under the car of if the pump has its own fuse maybe.

If anyone has experience or looked into a similar issue, I'd welcome any feedback -- short on time and need the car over the next few days before I can visit a dealer!

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Found information about the #19 fuse, I'll check that.

4. If the fuse is blown you’ll want to identify and eliminate the cause of the fault.

If the fuse is not blown you’ll want to determine if the pump is operating. A defective switch or pump or compromised wiring could all cause the pump to not operate.

If the pump is operating you’ll want to check for blockages, cracks or disconnected lines on both the intake and output sides of the pump. Finally, check the nozzles for blockages.

5. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Do you know where the pump is so I could check?

6. It’s at the bottom of the reservoir. One option would be to open the hood, set the wipers in a position where they are not in contact with the windshield, trigger the washers and listen for the sound of the pump. IMG_3221.jpeg

7. To remove this ad click here.