Help me choose bonnet stripes

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by rustybones, May 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. rustybones

rustybones Member

I may be getting bonnet stripes for my Mini when it arrives, depends if the price is right. Advice and suggestions on choosing colors and style would be appreciated.

upload_2022-5-2_11-39-37.png
    [​IMG]
    upload_2022-5-2_11-44-24.png

(note: it doesn't have to be one from the images)

polyphonic, wessy and endquote like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I'm thinking of getting some eventually... curious what one spends on that.

rustybones likes this.
  4. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

If that is your exact SE, then I suggest a silver strip offset, from center, running the full length of the car. One wide stripe with an accompanying narrow stripe. That would tie in very well with the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

abrandt and rustybones like this.
  5. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I'm partial to a white center stripe, but that's with a white roof. On my first Mini (all Dark Silver), I did a double silver stripe from bumper to bumper.

6. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I have an a BRG with matching roof/mirrors. It was a toss up between what Jim suggested and the triple bonnet stripes (bottom middle of your picture, not the wide ones). I went with white, but was seriously considering yellow for either style.

With the black roof, you could do the bumper to bumper viper stripes with black on bonnet and boot and green on roof. I would have done that with a white roof. To get this kind of effect.
    [​IMG]

wessy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. vader

vader Well-Known Member

If the picture you included is the colour of your car (BRG), then traditional stripes are the dual white. [​IMG] The union Jack is optional :) I got the 2 white stripes on my BRG and they look great. The "single" stripe down the middle is the JCW (new) style.

insightman likes this.

9. I'm in the same boat.. I'm thinking going bold.. in Gold on my BRG... matt gold!

10. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

This what I will be doing on my Sig+ when it comes in. Black stripe on a chilli red with a black roof

11. toomoody

toomoody New Member

I got the dealer to throw in the two white bonnet stripes on my BRG when it comes in. So technically getting her for under MSRP! But that's with white roof/mirrors. I think with the black roof/mirrors I like the black or silver stripes.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

My vote is center white viper stripes that go on the bonnet, roof, and boot.

14. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

Both BRG/black, you could also consider the two color triple stripe with black for the main stripe and yellow pinstripes. There is someone else on this board that did that on a all back car.

15. BackPack

BackPack Member

Are you having them painted on or using stickers? Personally I hate any and all stickers on my cars. I noticed I could have added bonnet stripes when ordering the car, but I didn’t want the sticker. Hopefully it’s ok to have a Mini without stripes.

16. bonnet stripes are vinyl stickers! or is there more to it???

17. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA