Heated seat problem

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by exbrit, Apr 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. exbrit

exbrit New Member

I'm having an issue with the heated seats on my new Ioniq 5 (Canadian model - Ultimate / AWD). I can turn the heated seats on without any issue (although it is annoying that there aren't physical buttons to do so), but after about a minute or less, they turn off. This happens every time I try to use them. Has anyone else experienced this glitch?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. That's weird. In fact I used them when it was colder, to just transport the pizza from the drive through home and it stayed on (no person detected in the seat for airbag)

4. exbrit

exbrit New Member

Looks like it is a fault on the driver's side only. The vented seat doesn't work at all, and the heating function turns off at about 45 seconds. Passenger side works fine for both heating and ventilation. Disappointing that I'm going to be taking it back to the dealer after under 100 kms of driving.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm glad you reported your problem. I've wondered if other Ioniq 5 owners have had problems they didn't report. Better for it to fail now (assuming there won't be a problem obtaining repair components) rather than the day after your warranty expires.

6. When I picked up my car it didn't come with the tire mobility kit. Not that I'm a huge fan of it but it should be there nevertheless. They ordered it and I'm still waiting 2 months in. They told me it's still on back order ... Don't hold your breath on getting whatever you'll need quickly ...

7. To remove this ad click here.