Having some trouble with LED reverse bulbs and BimmerCode.

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Green Gatsby, Mar 23, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Green Gatsby

Green Gatsby Member

Installed a set of Diode Dynamics LED bulbs and I can't get them to stop flickering. I used BimmerCode to change the settings for the reverse lights to LED, still no dice... From what I'm reading on other forums it could be related to cold monitoring but I can't seem to locate that particular setting. Has anyone solved this mystery?

Jim In Tucson likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I couldn’t get a pair of very reliable Philips Ultinon LEDs to work, no matter what I tried. I switched to YuLED-branded Auxito bulbs and they just worked.

I haven’t looked for anything in Expert for the reverse lights, but try to find KALTUEBERWACHUNG and WARMUEBERWACHUNG and set them to “Nicht_aktiv.

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    But more than likely, it’s just the bulbs.

5. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Rückfahrlicht is "reversing light" ... these look kinda close maybe? (I would've thought 'RFL' instead of 'RFS', but worth a shot.)
    RFS_L_IS_LED = aktiv
    RFS_R_IS_LED = aktiv
    RFS_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG = nicht_aktiv
    RFS_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG = nicht_aktiv
    RFS_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG = nicht_aktiv
    RFS_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG = nicht_aktiv​

Periodically, the warm monitoring will rapidly toggle the light on/off to check for a fault. Incandescent bulbs are too slow to respond, but LEDs respond much quicker, so it shows up as a visible flickering.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  6. Green Gatsby

Green Gatsby Member

Reversing signal, maybe? Rückfahrsignal. Thanks, I'll give it a look!

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ZDBRG

ZDBRG New Member

I tried DD also, contacted them and they recommended wiring in a resistor, I gave up