Groundhog In A Clarity?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by K8QM, May 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I thought I saw an animal run under my car when I was walking across my work parking lot today but assumed it was a cat that had scampered off into the woods.

I happened to walk outside about 30 minutes after I got home and saw a groundhog run from the side of my house back under the car - but this time I heard it climbing around.

Sure enough - I have a groundhog in the engine compartment. It could be exciting since the car goes in for its A01 service in the morning.

IMG_6935.jpg
    I'd like to get it back to work but I'm afraid it will hop out in rush hour traffic!

geo

Pegsie, KentuckyKen and VTSAX like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

I hope he doesn't start eating wires instillations It could be costly to replace and NOT under warranty.

Some small animal ate 1 of my wires (18 guage)in my old car and it cost me over $500 for repair. :(

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Maybe good for a couple of extra “horse”power? Try throwing some mothballs down there to get rid of him before he damages anything. At least there aren’t any fan belts for him to get caught in.

5. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Great Photo

6. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

Left the car in the empty parking lot for a couple of hours and it headed back into the woods. I wonder if the service guys will find groundhog scat when they do the oil change tomorrow.

VTSAX, lordsutch and Johnhaydev like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bigbug

bigbug Member

Last year a squirrel bit the underhood insulation of my MDX into pieces. When I started the car, the fabric pieces burned, and smoke busted out of the hood. It took me 2 hours to pick out all the pieces.

9. bfd

bfd Active Member

The vermin get so bad in some areas of the Sierra Nevada that unless you wrap your vehicle up when you leave it to go hiking or backpacking, you will likely return to find that your vehicle has had its belts and hoses chewed up.

10. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Makes me think of that meme, the one with the chipmunk I think.

11. KentuckyKen

If a groundhog comes out of a Clarity and sees his shadow, do we get 6 more miles of EV range?
    I love this forum! Thanks K8QM.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

A long and rainy work week, my wife taking the Clarity out of town for the weekend and an offhand comment from @KentuckyKen have led me to have a "Name the Groundhog" contest. I have ordered two Clarity related prizes from Amazon worth a whopping $21.98 US and I will ship them free of charge to the winner (US and Canada only please). One item is useful and the other is fun (and maybe useful).

In order not to clog up the forum it may be best to PM me your entries or you can put them in this thread. I will either make a poll of the top entries or I will find an impartial local to make the choice.

BTW This is for real but once a winner is chosen I will need your name and shipping address via PM!

Good luck,

geo

14. KentuckyKen

PM sent. This forum calls then conversations.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  15. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Can we send in more than one entry? :rolleyes:

16. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

Pick your best one and give the other to a friend to enter. :)

geo

17. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I'm bumping this in case anyone else wants a chance to win the Name the Groundhog contest in message #10 above.

geo

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My best shot: Punxsutawney PHEVL

19. chris5168

chris5168 Member

Your Stowaway fits in there like the middle back seat of a Volt.

K8QM likes this.