GM teases Hummer with mention of Crab Mode

Discussion in 'Hummer EV' started by Domenick, Jul 29, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GM released a fresh teaser video (below) of the GMC Hummer EV to go along with an announcement that its official reveal would take place at an unspecified time this Fall.

Besides a couple shadowy profile shots of both the pickup and SUV versions of the Hummer, we get to see one of the pre-production prototypes under construction, which was pretty interesting. I'll put a screen shot of that below the video.

Maybe the most interesting part, though, was the mention of a few features we can expect, including Super-fast charging and "Crab Mode."

Now, to me, crab mode means moving sideways, which would be a pretty neat party trick, but I have no idea how they could make that happen. I would think you'd have to have rear-wheel steering at the very least and I don't recall seeing anything on the rear suspension that would indicate it has that capability.

The other possibility might be a Rivian-like tank-turn, which makes sense but I'm not sure why they'd call that Crab Mode. Anyone have an idea?

GMC-Hummer-EV-being-built-tease.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GM have revealed the official logo of the Hummer EV on Twitter and it appears to be strongly connected with "crab mode," which makes me think this is a bigger deal than we yet know.

Hummer logo.jpg