GM systematically doesn’t respect is EV waitlist

Discussion in 'General' started by simon12345, May 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. simon12345

simon12345 New Member

hi!
    I ordered a Chevrolet Bolt in February 2021. Now that the factory is open again, I expected to be one of the first to get my new vehicle. Now I learn that they produced a vehicle for me with a defective battery and the dealer tells me that they no longer have to respect the waiting list because my car has already been produced... but they cannot give it to me.

I seem to be, not on top of the waiting list, but on the low end of the in-use car replacement list for a vehicle I've never seen, and don't own.

As a result, people who ordered after me receive their vehicles before me, and it will last for months if we rely on the rate of battery replacement that came out recently. It's normal? What are my options?

Many people are certainly in the same situation as me. Please manifest yourself.

Keyword Chevrolet bolt stuck at dealership

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2022
    bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I would think your only option is buy a car from someone else if you can find one.

I guess you could contact GM and see if they can give you some information as to when they will release the vehicle you ordered.

Is the car at Keyword locked in to a lower price?

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

All EVs are in short supply these days and everything is basically: order, wait months, take delivery. I think the best bet is let the Bolt situation play out. I would start looking for an alternative, maybe you can find another Bolt or different make to your liking somewhere else. If you find something and buy it, that is the time to cancel your current Bolt order. Or, find something you can get your hands on now and sell it when your Bolt is finally available.

5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

What a frustrating situation. If you didn't consider the Hyundai Kona Electric before and need a substitute, it might work for you: Small, good range, super agile, though I think it's a little pricier than your Bolt. I have no clue as to availability currently, but the worst waits seem to be for newer models like the Ioniq5 and Mustang MachE, so maybe it's okay. Hyundai, of course, had its own battery issue, but that seems to be in the rearview mirror now.

6. marshall

I was at the local Hyundai dealer today and they have about 9 new vehicles on there lot. No electric models at all. The Kia dealer across the street didn't look much better.

My guess is that everything electric has been pre-sold. Maybe there is something on the East coast or the Midwest. However, there is nothing around here for sale.

bwilson4web likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. simon12345

simon12345 New Member

I am very angry and disappointed.

GM tells us nothing.
    Am I on the bottom of the replacement list because the go sticky buy production date? I could take a year! They have changed 68% of the battery in 7 months with the assembly plant down! They won't change the other 32% in 2 months with the assembly plant opened. It doesn't make any sense! I could take a year!

Maybe a collective action in justice because they don't respect their waiting list, but only after I get my car!

For sure there are other people in my situation.

What are your guesses on how long it will take for me to have my car?

9. marshall

Why don't you cancel the order, wait a couple of months and reorder a 2023. It seems faster then waiting a year.

10. simon12345

simon12345 New Member

Not faster! Waiting time for a new bolt is over a year now!