Getting updates when new chargers pop up along your route

Discussion in 'General' started by Tom Boutell, Aug 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Tom Boutell

Tom Boutell New Member

Hi folks. I'm a Nissan Leaf S Plus owner and... confession time here... I suffer from range anxiety. Extra special range anxiety of course because I have a CHADeMO car and CCS is becoming the standard.

Fortunately I'm also a data fiend. And Nissan and EVGo are still rolling out new CHADeMO charge points. Every time I see one pop up, my range anxiety recedes. So I built a simple service where you can subscribe for updates when new chargers are installed in places of interest. You can choose any set of states or zip codes, and any charge plug type.

For me personally, that means CHADeMO and Level 2 chargers between Philly and Hartford. Your mileage may vary. Literally.

You can give it a try at evpov.com. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Currently U.S. data only, looking forward to expanding from there.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Great. Thanks for providing this! Good luck with it.

Tom Boutell likes this.
  4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

What's your data source, and does it include GPS coordinates?

_H*

Tom Boutell likes this.
  5. Tom Boutell

Tom Boutell New Member

6. Nice work! My only suggestion would be to add a county selection. Zipcodes are a bit too narrow in scope, and entire states are a bit too wide in scope. I'd love to know about new chargers in all of New York City (which has several dozen zipcodes and five counties), but I don't need to know about every new charger in all of New York State.

7. To remove this ad click here.