Genesis X Concept sets a stylistic stage for real product

Discussion in 'Hyundai' started by Domenick, Mar 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The top dollar brand from Hyundai group just dropped the Genesis X Concept. I feel like there's going to be a diverse range of opinions about this, so maybe first have a listen to Brett Evans from Motor1 walk you through the design elements in a brief video. Or, skip down a bit further to the official Genesis launch video if you want the extra drama and flair.

One thing I disagree on with Brett is the car's best angle. I kind of like this shot:
    genesis-x-concept-front-quarter.jpg

Even though I think they could have been a lot more inventive with the grill, I really like the plane above the front and rear wheels and the planted stance.

Since this concept is setting the stage for coming cars, it will be interesting to see which elements get incorporated. Genesis has two all-electrics coming this year — the crossover similar in size to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 and built on the E-GMP platform and another vehicle based on an existing car.

I have a feeling it may be an electric version of the G80, since it's stylistically the closest to this concept vehicle already. Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

2. To remove this ad click here.