Games while DC charging?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by eCork, Feb 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. eCork

eCork New Member

We had our first trip where we had to actually stop and use a DC charger. It was -10c and -15c when we stopped and pretty much all we did was run and grab a coffee before huddling back in the car. If it was a reasonable temperature we would have gone for a walk, and in hindsight we should have brought some books. We also like card/board games and are wondering if anyone has any recommendation for 2 player games that are easily played in the front seat? Or are there any other less obvious activities that you have found that take 30-40 min?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

We always plan our stops for chargers where a coffee shop or favored restaurant is nearby. Plug in, go have coffee or lunch, by the time coffee or meal is done most charging is also. We also set the charge for 100%, the usual charger slowdown after 80% works for more leisurely dining without worrying about post charge idle fees.

electriceddy, arhnold and R P like this.
  4. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

I guess the obvious thing is to keep a pack of playing cards in the car. You can even get small decks where the cards are like half the size to make laying them out on the center console a bit easier.

You can also get those magnetic travel games for super cheap; chess/checkers, parcheesi, backgammon, snakes & ladders etc. Literally designed to be played in a car.

You can also do a lot with just a pad and pencil (which you should have in the car anyway); Mastermind, pictionary, dots-n-boxes, hangman etc.

5. duende

duende New Member

How about watching videos?

Clamps likes this.
  6. When I travel by myself I either call friends and chat or watch YouTube on my phone. Passes time so quick.

7. To remove this ad click here.