Front grill removal for led pods

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by 02Duck, Jan 13, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 02Duck

02Duck New Member

I'm working to add led pods behind the grill on my wife's Clarity. The hardest part I'm having its trying to get access to the area behind the grill and bumper. Does anyone have any advice or diagram showing how to take off the panels and grill?

I've removed 3 body clips above the coolant reservoir so I can see that but can't get the panel off.

Any help is appreciated.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

My $0.02 (which will cost you $10, if you follow it):

If you want this today, buy a one-day subscription to Honda's own Service Express site. You can then download the same documents the installers/dealers use. It gives the order of operation, where the clips are, etc.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

That said, I will also (in a subsequent post, once I get back to a computer with access to my files) post the "Front Bumper Removal" and the "Front Grille Cover Removal" guide that by chance I saved when on Service Express in the past. I'm not sure if this will apply to what you are trying to do, but seems close.

ClarityDoc and LegoZ like this.
  4. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Part 2: Here are the documents I mentioned, from Service Express.

For all of these: during removal you will notice that some of the "mushroom" connectors will stay behind in the frame. Others will come out with with removed part.

This is because they are loose connectors that fit into slots in the removed part, and push into holes in the frame, so by chance they can end up sliding out of the slots in the free part and staying in the frame holes as you remove the part.

It is much easier to reinstall the entire part if you move all the connectors out of the frame and put them into the slots in the free part, rather than leave any of them in the frame. That way during installation they just push straight into the holes in the frame, instead of having to be worked into the slot on the the loose part.

Attached Files:

5. 02Duck

02Duck New Member

Thank you for the info and help. I'm hoping too try this tomorrow.

6. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Just curious how this project turned out. I'm considering the possibility of adding some additional LED strips for fogs, high-beam assistance, and/or backup (aka - make the idiot behind me dim their lights!!)

7. To remove this ad click here.