Front driver-side squeak

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by amy2421, Sep 17, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

I know there was an earlier thread about the dash gap, but my question is a little different.

Right after I picked up my car, I noticed that the speaker in the driver side A-pillar has a scratchy, squeaky noise that seemed to increase with the stereo volume. Didn't notice it when the stereo was muted. Lately I have not been noticing that noise. Could the speaker have corrected itself or is it possible it is not working at all now? I find it hard to tell if there is sound coming out of that speaker and it is not vibrating when the stereo is on (when I touch the larger speaker grille in the lower part of the door, I can feel it vibrating slightly when the music is on.)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

You can go into the audio settings and set the speaker balance to the left, and the eq's to the center. That should make the noise worse if it is still there.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. stanigu

stanigu Member

There is a "break-in" period for speakers...so I think it's possible that it went away on its own. It's hard to "feel" high frequency sound, so you might have to stick your ear close to it, or play music with lots of high notes.