Front bumper scrapes driveway

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Everbody, Feb 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Everbody

Everbody New Member

When driving straight in or out of the driveway I get a noticeable scrape of the front bumper cover. At a perfect angle it doesn't. Could the dealer or an alignment shop give me an extra inch, or should I look for a ramp? I'd like it a bit higher anyway. Belly doesn't scrape.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

The Clarity has a big front overhang. I've scraped it a few times as well. But no, you can't just adjust the suspension to give you an extra inch of clearance.

4. My S2000 did that. The first time is a shock. Then I slowed to a crawl and never did again.

5. ab13

ab13 Active Member

If you have a big dip or angle it can be hard to about.

6. Everbody

Everbody New Member

I tried the slow go, didn't help. I guess I'll look for a ramp for the driveway.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

My brother-in-law had the same problem. He filled his gutter with pea gravel which still lets the water flow but prevents scrapes.

Everbody likes this.
  9. Jason4107

Jason4107 New Member

People here in austin get these 1 inch thick steel plates installed. I see them often. I'm pretty sure you'd have to hire someone to do it for you. They look heavy

Everbody likes this.
  10. Rob_v1

Rob_v1 Member

We installed a Bridjit curb ramp after repeatedly dragging our Lexus CT200H bumpers. I'm sure it saves the Clarity's as well.

Domenick and Jason4107 like this.
  11. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I've found that pulling into my steep driveway at an angle reduces my chances of dragging the front spoiler.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. graure

graure Member

Yes, go in at an angle, that's the easiest way. You can go on youtube and watch "how to drive a lowered car" for some good tips from people who have significantly lower cars than the Clarity.

14. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I'd just move to a new house with a respectable driveway entrance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

Everbody likes this.
  15. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Convince Honda to make a PHEV CRV :rolleyes:

16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Honda's Pilot PHEV prototype has been spotted on the road.

17. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

My Clarity is longer than the CRV and barely fits in my Garage as it is. I will have to sell my motorcycle. When is it coming out?

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I expect it will have to appear at an auto show--I'd expect the LA Auto Show November 22nd--before there's any hint of when the Pilot PHEV will go on sale. Honda may allow more info to slip out before the show, but not the date when it will go on sale.