Free Carfax Offer: Greeks Bearing Gifts

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, Mar 22, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The email reads “As a valued customer, Hanlees Hilltop Hyundai has provided you with FREE ACCESS to your CARFAX Report & CARFAX Car Care account for as long as you own your car. (a $99/year value).” Sounds like a good deal.

However – the Carfax privacy policy says they collect the following personal information:
    • Precise geolocation, credit or debit card information, account login (with consent)
    • Name, alias, address, unique identifier, IP address, email address
    • Name, telephone number, email address
    • Records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
    • Browsing history, search history, information regarding a user’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement Zip code or physical location
    • Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information
    • Inferences drawn from the foregoing Personal Information: Profile reflecting the user’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes,* intelligence, abilities, aptitudes
    “CARFAX may share Personal Information collected through Unique Identifiers with third parties to help build a profile of your interests and for cross context behavioral advertising, cross device linking or for other purposes similar to serving targeted advertising (collectively, Targeted Advertising).”

The third parties with which CARFAX may share information for purposes of Targeted Advertising include, without limitation, Criteo SA, RTB House and/or Firebase Analytics from Google.

I’ll pass on Carfax.

(* - My psychological trends, predispositions, behavior and attitudes will tell Google and them that I'm a curmudgeon. But they know that already.) ;)

2. To remove this ad click here.