Free awesome OBD2 App!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Nov 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

A member of a facebook Kona EV group pointed me to a free OBD2 diagnostic app.. It requires virtually no setup except for selecting the right car and it is FREE in the US. (it is pay in other markets) It does have ads and in app purchases but it works fantastic.
    It is called CAR SCANNER PRO and available in the play store..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Also available at the App Store for iOS. I use it with OBDLink MX+ dongle. Caution though, I have an older one and it doesn't go to sleep so I use an OBD2 cable with a switch to make sure I can power it off.

4. ttsherpa

ttsherpa New Member

Really is it free there and pay everywhere else?

5. I live in the US and when I checked it was $2.99.

6. FloridaSun

That's weird.. All that I can see is that for $3.99 you can get the ad free version..
    I can see all sensors with the free version..

Screenshot_20201116-161238.jpg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FloridaSun

The guy who told me about it paid for it.. I downloaded it and it has the option to upgrade to more features..

9. There is a free version with ads. for IOS. I down loaded and it works fine on my I phone 6 plus. There is ad free version that can be purchased in the app under settings with extra capabilities. Its either a subscription, $3.99 US for 6 mo, $4.99 for 1 year, or 6.99 unlimited use. I will probably try unlimited.

It seems to work well with very limited set up (Select Hyundai,Kona Electric.) It also has data recording available if desired

10. That looks like the pro version of Car Scanner ELM OBD2, which is free.