Forum member has a 1-year review Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Domenick, Dec 28, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Great review (again)! The only suggestions I'd make are to change "if pushed past detect" to "if pushed past detent" and add that the acceleration times are for a 0-60 mph run.

Domenick and Viking79 like this.
  3. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

It is amazing how many times I can read something and still miss those :)

I added the 0-60 mph time to my page and will update the detect, thanks for pointing those out

4. Fi
    Fixed! Thanks for mentioning that.

I hear ya, @Viking79. Not sure if you had a chance to correct it, but I did find one instance this morning, which I took care of.

5. ozy

ozy Active Member

I"m suprised that he disabled the blind spot camera. I was demonstrating this feature to someone the other day as I was making a right turn with the car. During the demonstration, one of those suicidal youngsters came sharply along the right side of my car on an electric scooter just as I was just about to make the turn. I clearly saw him in the camera and was able to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him.

Johnhaydev and MPower like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

If the camera is disabled, the youngster would get a Darwin Award.

I have mine disabled as well. Just touch end of turn signal stalk to toggle on and off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

8. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

There is a setting to not display the camera when right turning light is on. Check out settings menu.
    Also, it's law to look over shoulder, although nobody got ticket for that. If the youngster was hit, the driver is responsible, at least partially.

9. Tomrl

Tomrl Member

Thank you for this fantastic review. I'm looking forward to my first extended (100+ mi.) trip tomorrow. I haven't been as excited about a car since my first one, a '63 MGB. Also, I find the Clarity to be much more interesting visually than the Tesla 3, which to me is generic to the point of mundane. It looks pretty much like a Volvo, which isn't bad, but...

10. Not doubting you, but I’ve never heard of such a statute.

What state?

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

My annoyance with both reverse cam and lane watch is when using Apple CarPlay the cameras switching on disrupts Siri.