FM/AM/XM Radio Not Working

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toby Whitehead, Apr 18, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

So I have the 10inch infotainment system in my 2021 Kona EV Ultimate and the FM/AM/XM radio is not working. It hasn't been working for some time possibly since the last map/radio update in October/November but I haven't paid much attention to it since I primarily use Android Auto. When I press the radio button the screen flickers a bit but the app never opens. When I press the app icon it does nothing. I did a soft reset with the button and I defaulted the infotainment system settings from the system settings menu and it still doesn't work. Has any one had this issues? I'm hoping it's just a software problem and not something wrong with the physical unit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I had this problem. You just need to download and install the latest update from https://update.hyundai.com. The site says the most recent update was in October 2022, but they have released several hot fixes since then, the most recent of which fixed all the radio issues and was released in February 2023. When you use the Navigation Updater program, it will download the most recent hot fix. Your car will say you have already installed it, but you should opt to reinstall it.

JoeS, Toby Whitehead and Ferenc Jakab like this.
  4. Toby Whitehead

Thanks. I'll try to give it a try today if time permit. I love this car but seems to be getting buggy as time goes on.

5. Toby Whitehead

Thanks for the advise it's fixed!

UnnDunn likes this.