Floor Mats- What fits?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ken7, May 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

I bought these floor mats for my Model S and really love them. They're beautiful (at least as beautiful as a set of floor mats can be ;)) and easy to clean. In looking at mats for the Clarity, our choices are limited. I had hoped that 3D MAXpider made them for the Clarity, but no such luck.

However they do make them for the Honda Accord. Does anyone know if the floor area in the Accord is similar to that of the Clarity? Perhaps these would fit?

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-Complete-Custom-All-Weather/dp/B00IBOKOPS/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1525616571&sr=1-1&keywords=3d+maxpider+floor+mats

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

What's wrong with the ones that Honda supplies? That's what is in our Clarity Touring.

4. bluuk

bluuk New Member

Tuxmat has a set available for the Clarity as well as the Honda all weather mats that Bob mentioned. I have the Honda set while I wait to see if Weathertech will make a set for the Clarity. The Honda mats look good but coverage is lacking on the driver's side mat and the backseat mat does not cover the middle hump. I'm assuming they don't want the floor mat anywhere near the accelerator pedal due to the possibility of the mat interfering with the pedal.

228ra likes this.
  5. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Just not crazy about the looks, ease of cleaning or fit relative to the 3D.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  6. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Oem mats have very poor coverage on driver’s side, especially at left front where it doesn’t cover the footrest. Dirt gets past mine to the carpet all the time. Ken7’s link doesn’t look like it will fit although those are great quality mats. Shows a rectangular cut it on left side of driver’s mat.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Yeah, I think you're right Ken. There's a cutout on the left side of the driver's mat that doesn't look like it would make much sense in the Clarity. I think this company also sells a generic mat, but that's a dicey proposition. It's a shame because the set I bought for the Tesla just looks so nice, has great coverage and is so easy to clean. I bought the all weather mats for the Clarity when we bought it, but I'm just not crazy about it.

Off-topic, now that the weather has warmed here in N.Y., we're now seeing 50-52 miles on the EV range. That brings us smiles. :)

9. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

I got the all weather mats as a throw-in from the sales guy. I am also not really crazy about them as they don't cover nearly as well as I'm used to from previous Weather Tech mats. This is especially true for the back mats. Weather Tech would most likely go all the way from side to side, covering the center. I think I'll be buying the Weather Tech when they finally come out as I'm moving to Tacoma and will need something to keep the rain/mud from ruining the car.

10. chop

chop New Member

Heard back from WeatherTech - the custom fit mats should be ready in 8-10 weeks :)

11. KentuckyKen

That’s exactly what WeatherTech told me over the phone way back in Feb!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KentuckyKen

Yes. They have been referenced in previous threads.

14. bbb0bbb

bbb0bbb New Member

Just got a set of Tuxmat. Very nice! Used to have Husky liners. Finish and look with Tuxmat are a lot better, but I don’t know about durability (reviews for other cars seems positive about durability). They fit very well. Could post some pictures later if someone would like to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

15. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Here in Michigan we get a pool of slushy salty water/snow on the floor mats in the winter. If there is a gap anywhere in the lip around the edge of a mat, the mess just runs off and under the mat, which is a worst case scenario because then it never dries out. I need a mat with a complete lip around edge. I hope Weathertech or Husky make a set with that feature because I’ve not yet seen others with a full edge lip.

16. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

That would be great if you could post some pix. How easy are they to clean?

17. bbb0bbb

bbb0bbb New Member

Ken7 likes this.
  18. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

Which car is this shown in?

19. bbb0bbb

bbb0bbb New Member

The pictures are from my Clarity touring. The link is for the winter review et cleanup after winter.

20. Hi.Ho.Silver

Hi.Ho.Silver Active Member

Those mats look really nice. Just curious, is it your intention to use them year-round instead of the stock carpet mats that come with the Clarity?

21. bbb0bbb

bbb0bbb New Member

Yes, it is my goal. Summer time it is easy to clean (simple vacuum and hose). Winter time, easy to clean as well and it saves the floor (water, calcium, salt, slush...). I did that with my previous car with Husky liners. Until now, I really prefer the Tuxmat. They don’t feel “hard plastic” and look better.

22. Jason Kam

Jason Kam Member

Yep the tuxmats are the best. The 2nd row goes all the way up and gets tucked under the seat cushion. It's completely covered. Way better than my previous weather tech

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Inside EVs mobile app