Flat tire..

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Denise C, Aug 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Hi I got a low tire pressure warning this morning. Looks like my front tire has 12 psi right now. So def needs to be repaid. Can I bring the tire to discount or whatever to get it patched? Or do I need to go to mini for this…
    Currently still with factory OEM run flats
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

You don't have to go to Mini for tire stuff, unless you have specific road hazard through them. I've had two patches so far and took them to my preferred tire place.

Denise C likes this.
  4. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Thanks. I will do that. Hopefully will fix it

GvilleGuy likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd be run flats if they're OEM tires on the SE.

Nothing special about MINI tires, they can be fixed anywhere (if not a sidewall puncture). The advantage to going to the dealer is if it's a sidewall puncture you can get them to replace the tire with an OEM tire easily. Also, wherever you take it, get a proper patch and not just a plug.

GvilleGuy and Denise C like this.
  6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

One other important issue, if you have Power Spoke wheels there's a special balancing gadget that is required. MINI dealers should have them, but unlikely other car places will. There's also a special tool in your vehicle kit for removing the outer cover on the Power Spoke wheels.

insightman and Denise C like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Thanks. At discount right now. At the minimum they can patch it. I will ask if they can balance the tire. Probably not. And I didn’t acquire the special tool yet for my power spoke. So need to add that to my list!!

9. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Mine are Pirelli run flats I believe. The car warning said it’s run flats and I can carefully drive for a while. So I got more air in the tire and drove it to discount…

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'll be surprised if you have run-flats and I'm surprised your SE told you you have run-flats. The SE is (previously) the only MINI delivered without run-flats, and it appears they didn't think to change that warning for the SE.

Did you get tire fix-it kit in the boot? If so, you don't have run-flats.

11. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

The balancing tool should be part #83-30-2-471-407 to speed up your search.

I'd say run flats would safely give you 50 miles at 50MPH max speed. That way you can safely exit the German Autobahn without getting fined for parking or exiting your vehicle (on the Autobahn)!

Denise C likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chcarter

chcarter New Member

It might not be standard in America, but in Australia and New Zealand the SE comes with 17" run-flats as standard on whatever rim design you pick. Tentacle spoke is pretty common, I've only seen a few come to the dealers here with the fancy Power Spoke.

Denise C likes this.
  14. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I do have the kit. Didn’t use it. But I guess the flat was not as bad. Discount said had a tiny leak. After I added air. I drove for another 15 miles and it sat at 33psi until I got there.. maybe I don’t have run flats lol. At the dealership now, they are doing the balancing for me. I will find out for sure!

GvilleGuy likes this.
  15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

No flat run tires on SE you have summer tires and rotate a tire to spot a nail or screw just look around a tire you have to be on your knees and touch a tire and look when a nail is is so easy just be a little adventurous

16. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I got a low tire warning today on my way home and it told me I could keep driving but to stay under 80mph. It didn't tell me which tire though, and when I checked them at home they were all over 34psi. I'm hoping the system just needs a reset

17. ghost

ghost Active Member

You can navigate to the Mini tab from the home screen, then vehicle status, which will show your tire pressure.

18. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I'm aware of that, yes. It didn't have any useful information.

19. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Hope that’s the case for you. None issue. Mine was fixed and mini balance it. Ordering the power spoke thing so I have it with me in the car.