First week ownership experience

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by impaler clarity, Oct 13, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. impaler clarity

impaler clarity New Member

My 200 mile 1 week of clarity base ownership experience:
    Real life EV range, full charge drain to zero, 51 and 56 miles for the first two charges.
    No ICE activation whatsoever until battery depleted ( purposely ran battery to zero in order to check range)
    Charge time from zero to full 2h15 min on level 2 (7.2kw charger, probably used at the rate of 6.6kw).
    Charging cable got slightly warm, first time in 3 years (previous car was a leaf charging at 3.3kw).
    No chance to check chargepoint evse load balancing bug yet.
    Experienced the no XM after precool bug every time. Not a big deal since I will not pay for XM after the trial.
    I don't see the indicated range bug (yet?)
    Disappointed in the lack of information for total gas and EV miles as well as instant and historical miles/kwh.
    Driving comfort level: amazing.
    Position of exhaust tailpipe a bit worrying (understand they didn't want it visible but any gap in trunk floor would bring gasses inside.
    Body plugs were installed before purchase.
    Text to voice feature works great but can't reply to messages with preselected text, always results in error.
    Android auto functionality good but sluggish.
    Seat comfort (base): excellent. No idea why some people complain.
    Lane Keep: a little wobbly and fails to detect lane markings often.
    ACC: too abrupt in low speed stop and go traffic, excellent at high speed.
    Emergency brake alert very useful and works perfectly. No experience with actual auto brake application and I hope to keep it that way.
    App functionality and connectivity excellent, fast and accurate. Also works in a dead 3g coverage spot in front of my house since car stays connected to my house wifi even when off (checked it with network port scan too).
    (App install and config was smooth and didn't require code sent to car. Just create account, enter vin, boom, done).
    Precool feature great both from key fob and app.
    Charging stopped and reminders to charge work perfectly, as does locate my car function.

amy2421, Clarity_Newbie and jdonalds like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. impaler clarity

This was on my PDI report. Does anyone know to decode the battery charge codes?

Attached Files:

4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

Sounds like your dealer did a good job with the PDI. I didn't get the body plugs and battery charge codes. Anyone else get the code? From what I read in the forum, the test should indicate around 55 amp hours.

5. impaler clarity

According to a Honda dealer Parts&Service manager, that battery test and response code is for the 12V battery...

6. vicw

vicw Active Member

When you say the battery depleted, or run to zero, did your EV battery still show 2 segments when the ICE activated, as it normally does?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. impaler clarity

yes, the 2 bars were there but EV range was 0 for a mile or so and then ICE activated. So usable range basically.

9. vicw

vicw Active Member

Great - I was a bit concerned that you somehow had completely emptied the battery in a way that I didn't know was possible. By they way, congrats on your Clarity ownership. You obviously did your homework, in great detail, before purchase, and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

impaler clarity likes this.