First Trip With Ariya Evolve+ Vancouver to Penticton

Discussion in 'Ariya' started by DJP, Jun 11, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DJP

DJP Active Member

The whole purpose of me getting an Ariya was to be able to do road trips relatively pain free. I had previous bought the 40kW 2018 Leaf thinking I would be able to do roads trips with it. My first trip was from Vancouver to Sun Peaks (just past Kamloops). It was a long and painful experience that took 3 charging sessions each taking significantly longer that the previous one due to the battery increasing heat causing throttling of the power intake.

This weekend I drove from Vancouver to Penticton in a single charge. Here's the stats:
    • Total Distance (via Coquihala) 404km
    • SOC at start 100% GOM 422km
    • SOC at end 9% GOM 46km
    • Time 5h 14min (30 minute construction stop between Chilliwack and Hope, and 10 minute construction stop before Penticton)
    • Speed (generally what was posted)
    • History showed 28.7kWh/100km
    • Outside temp around 20deg C (a bit of rain now and again)
    • Air Con on low to keep me alert
    • Of note between Merritt and Kelowna the GOM was showing I would need to charge in Kelowna but gained 40km in charge with the very long hill that leads into Kelowna and gained a further 10km after Kelowna.
    Return Trip:
    • Total Distance (via Hwy 3) 385km
    • SOC at start 100% GOM 500km
    • SOC at end 15% GOM 73km
    • Time 5h 14min (30 min stop at Manning Park and very slow stretch mid-Fraser Valley)
    • Speed (generally what was posted)
    • History showed 17.8kWh/100km
    • Outside temp around 20 deg C (a bit of rain for the 1st half)
    • Air Con on low to keep me alert
    So, it's a great car for road trips.

I noted that the ProPilot (not 2.0) at high speeds seemed to slow the car by 2 to 5 km/h on its own when I was going around somewhat tight turns.

electriceddy and insightman like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. OneEV

OneEV Member Subscriber

lol .. I'm thinking it probably didnt take to long before you figured...well this isnt going to work ;)

4. DJP

DJP Active Member

Ya, first trip was to Sun Peaks, north of Kamloops. Last fasting charging at Kamloops took 1.5 hours.