First time de-icing test

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, Jan 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

I parked my Clarity last night outside the garage as I had my other Clarity charging inside the garage for a road trip this morning. It was snowing, and freezing rain most of the evening and overnight and this morning the car was crusted over (I forgot to take a before picture but you can see the condition in the white car in the background). When I turn on the car, it has 11km EV range. I turned on pre-conditioning using the key fob as I don't feel like scraping and also this is a good test on how much range pre-conditioning can lose. The outside temp is -1C/30F, the car is not plugged in. After 30 minutes, the range is down to 2.6km according to the GOM but check out the windows in the pic. (Forgot to look at the app to see the inside temp but it's warm so I think it's around 12-15C/54-60F). So you CAN pre-condition this car even though the battery is low and you are not plugged in. Love this car

BTW, the black cover thingy on the front windshield is a windshield cover I got from Costco, perfect for freezing rain day, no need to scrap that big piece of glass.
    ice.jpg

Phil C and Johnhaydev like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NotGreen

NotGreen New Member

Good to know! I whish you could do this while plugged in to Level 1 charging. I mean, you can, but you have to stop the charge from the app, then turn on the climate. And, if you want to go back to charging, you have to wait for the climate to time out or turn it off in the app, then start the charge again via the app. Doesn't sound like much, but the app is so slow to communicate with the car, this can be a 5+ minute task. I wish it was smart enough that if you were connected to Level 1 charging, turning the climate on would automatically stop the charging, then if the climate timed out charging would resume.