first service - cabin air filter- pollen filter service

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by PETROS KON, Feb 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PETROS KON

PETROS KON New Member

I just had my Kona electric serviced by the dealer in Cyprus.
    I had to pay in total 140 euros (70 euros for the service/checks and 70 euros for the pollen filter)
    When i asked why this filter is so expensive, i was told that its a different one than the one used for the ICE models, and it costs 3 times the price.
    Does anybody know if it really is different? If yes, how much were you charged for that?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

In the US, the Kona Electric specific filter is US$40 but there are generic alternatives at $7.

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Do you have a link to where those generic ones can be found? Thanks !!!

5. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

6. I asked my dealer to only do the minimum work required to sign off the book, which is in two places, service and body inspection. Even though the cabin filter was a "replacement" item they opted to leave it alone (at 12,000 km) and the price dropped by $90.
    At least in NZ the only way to keep the 10-year battery warranty intact is to have the body inspection completed and signed off by a Hyundai dealer. The service itself could technically be done at any reputable shop with a rubber stamp.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I can attest the generic alternative is absolutely the correct size and is very similar to OEM quality. Don't pay 70 euros for the OEM filter again, that is way overpriced for a fairly unremarkable paper element.
    I paid $5.49 U$ from rockauto, I see they went up recently to $5.95 on their site.

9. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Looks like cheapest in canada is at Amazon

10. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

As suggested before take it our and vacuum it remember it's only a cabin filter so it doesn't affect the running of the Kona

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.